I know we all have ways and products to maintain our bags and in this case, Balenciagas, so I thought of sharing mine. :)
For starters, most Balenciagas today are made from Agneau leather or lambskin, Balenciaga's signature material for their bags and leather goods. There's also Chevre or Goatskin, a type of leather used in their previous collections, although I don't know if some bags/leather goods in production today are still made from Chevre.
My Balenciaga Classic City wallet is made with Agneau leather. Agneau is a super soft, exquisite, and delicate type of leather that can't be cleaned by just any type of leather conditioner/cleaner. It needs a special or a more nourishing and gentle conditioner/cleaner to retain its texture and vibrance for a longer period of time and to delay aging, or the prominence of the veining on the leather. Even on a new Balenciaga, the veins are present and they get deeper and more pronounced overtime-this is what makes every Balenciaga item beautiful, but if you use the wrong cleansing/maintenance product, aging can be accelerated, the leather could stiffen and much worse, it may develop scaly, uneven coloring--what you get is a decaying bag. Que horror!
A sample of the Balenciaga Nourishing Cream
Balenciaga has a cleaner/moisturizer intended for their bags and it's called the Balenciaga Nourishing Cream. Smells really putrid, and texture is just like wax. I wanted to use my Coach leather moisturizer since it's easier to work with, but read somewhere that this leather moisturizer brand has destroyed some Balenciaga leathers. Of course I don't want that to happen so I didn't experiment.
So let's start cleaning! Click READ MORE! :)

0 Comments