I admit that I used to be one of those people who would automatically raise a brow whenever I’d hear someone exclaim that they want to go under the knife, or they are pro Plastic Surgery, and would gladly undergo it if given the chance. I used to deem Plastic Surgery as a taboo and an unhealthy kind of body obsession. As my beauty sensibilities have evolved over the years, I have been more appreciative of anything related to beauty, including Plastic Surgery. I have come to realize that I used to think negatively about it because humility aside, God has blessed me with a proportionate body. I don’t have to worry about small boobs, a bulbous nose, flat butt, big teeth, etc. I am very happy with my body, albeit I still wonder how it feels like to undergo Plastic Surgery. But if you’re going to ask me, it’s not part of my life plans yet because currently, there’s nothing wrong with my body (still).
But what about those who are not physically blessed, and have been dealing with their physical insecurities day by day? Don’t they deserve to be liberated from stress? C’mon, it’s easy to say “Love whatever God has given you”. But if you put yourself in the shoes of these people, I know you would fathom what I’m trying to point out. We can’t deny the fact that there are people, no matter how successful they may seem, still have barriers that prevent them from realizing their full potential--and most of these impediments are their physical features. Don’t get me wrong, I am an advocate of natural beauty, but I’m also the type who understands the journey of a person, and would gladly support the things that will make that person happy.
I think I am already on my way to embracing Plastic Surgery as a part of life after reading THE NEW YOU magazine. I got an email from them, and they asked if I’m familiar with the mag. I said no, and they offered me some copies. I thought it’s a new beauty magazine—those types that feature makeup and fashion trends. Well, it’s sorta’ like that, but overall, it’s about Plastic Surgery and aesthetic reinvention.
In a nutshell, THE NEW YOU mag is your ultimate guide to surgical beauty procedures. Contrary to popular belief, Plastic Surgery is not just about vanity. It is meant to address bodily concerns and correct physical deformities to prevent acute or chronic diseases in the long run. Whatever query regarding Plastic Surgery is lingering in your mind, THE NEW YOU will answer.

0 Comments