Every journey must come to an end, but every end opens up to a new beginning. When I was still a theatre actress, I dreaded finale shows so much because I always find it hard to let go of all the hard work, the moments, and most especially, the product. But I guess a chapter, at some point, should end no matter how beautiful it is because our story must move on and so must we. (Now I recall leaving the theatre and pursuing a writing career) I've learned that every ending is not sad after all because there is always the remembering part, where we pick up every wonderful memory, relive it anytime, connect all the pieces together until our story comes to the real end, and we produce the best book ever-there is no leaving, really.
Like any beauty pageant, One Woman Can took months to create, but only hours to finish. As I write this, it feels like I only had the first briefing with Mary Kay Philippines yesterday and how I wish this event lasted longer! But like what my mentors in the theatre would forever say, it's always about the process, not the product-we're so attached to the outcome that we always neglect the process, the only thing that we can bring as we move on to create a new product, a new story, or a new legacy. With my mentors' voices in my head, I have made peace with the fact that my One Woman Can journey was just right: No matter how short, this pageant has imparted something really important and that is it brought the participants' confidence to new heights, and it took me places-just when I thought I have it all, there's still something better. :)
It was a gloomy Wednesday, the day of the pageant. We were supposed to have it in Sky 100, a prestigious outdoor area in the posh Ritz Carlton Hotel, but Typhoon Signal 12 has hit Hong Kong. (The typhoon came from the Philippines) Hong Kong is a very small region and any strong typhoon becomes stronger there and when Typhoon Signal 12 hits, it's mandatory that all outdoor establishments (venues and malls, except restaurants) must close down until further notice. Needless to say, Mary Kay had to resort to plan B and look for another venue, so we went for The Space, the place where we had the training and photo shoot. In this photo, I posed with the executives from Mary Kay Hong Kong, Philippines, and worldwide after a mini interview-we talked about the One Woman Can campaign, their plans for next year, as well as their upcoming products. I'll leave that to Mary Kay Philippines to announce! :)
Welcome to the Grand Finale. We arrived at The Space at 6:00 P.M. for the registration, and to brace ourselves for the Grand Finale slated at 7:00 P.M. Click READ MORE and see who won Mary Kay's first- ever One Woman Can Pageant!




0 Comments